This salad fills the crunch void. That packet of chips type texture that I love. For some reason, I find this salad very addictive. You may of course disagree, but there’s just something about it’s flavour and wellbeing vibes, that I can’t get enough of. The dressing is a fabulous replacement for asian dipping sauces and peking duck pancake sauce, so that you avoid the hidden msg and sugar when eating Asian foods, from the pre packaged dipping sauces. enjoy!
Please do share your Christmas season creations on social with a #lowtoxlife and @lowtoxlife tag so I get to see too!
Real Food. Happy Bodies
Crunchy Asian Cabbage Salad Recipe
- 150 g white cabbage (having said that, no reason you couldn’t do red)
- handful baby spinach
- handful chopped coriander (or parsley if you’re not a fan)
- 10 mint leaves, torn
- 2 heaped tbsp toasted, shredded or flaked dried coconut (5 mins in a low temp pan does it)
Extra tummy fillers optional:
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds, or some thinly sliced chicken breast, pork belly or tempeh
Dressing (gluten free + fructose free)
- 2 tbsp macadamia or sesame oil (cold pressed)
- 1 tbsp organic tamari (wheat free soy)
- 1 tbsp + 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tbsp frozen raspberries or blueberries, melted with 1 tablespoon rice syrup for 5 minutes on the stove (you can use raw honey thinned with a little hot water, if you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger (i use a microplane for super fine grating)
- pinch dried chilli flakes / slivers of dried chilli (optional)
- Combine your dressing. Pop everything in the bowl for your salad, then mix the two well and serve.